If your household income was less than $60,000 in 2018, you may be eligible to file your taxes for free!
- File your own taxes at MyFreeTaxes.com.
- Or, schedule an appointment at a free tax preparation site. Call one of the locations on the back of this flyer.
If you worked in 2018 and your household earned income was less than $55,000, you may qualify for cash-back tax credits that can increase your refund! You must file your taxes to claim the credits!
What Do I Bring With Me?
- Picture Identification
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Letter for all individuals listed on the return
- W-2s, 1099s and all other tax-related documents for 2018
- Form 1095-A, B or C health insurance coverage statement
- All 1098-E and T forms for educational expenses Childcare provider name, address, phone number, and Tax ID Number
- The account number for direct deposit refund Copy of your 2017 income tax return
- For joint returns, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
Do I Qualify for Cash Back?
The expanded California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC), along with similar federal credit, can result in hundreds, or even thousands, of extra dollars in your pocket!
The amount of CalEITC you may be eligible for depends on how much money you earn from work. You may be eligible if you:
- Are 18 years or older
- Work for an employer or are self-employed
- Have a Social Security Number valid for work
- Lived in California for at least half the tax year
In addition to CalEITC, you may also be eligible for the federal EITC if you earn less than $55,000.
Text MONEYBACK to 50503 to receive helpful tips on your phone.
2019 FREE TAX PREP LOCATIONS
Abiding Savior Lutheran Church
Access California Services
Anaheim Independencia Family
Boys & Girls Club of Santa Ana
California State University, Fullerton (walk-in)
Coastline Community College (walk-in)
Community Action Partnership of OC
County of Orange Social Services Agency
Cypress Community Park
Downtown Anaheim Community Center
El Modena Family Resource Center
Family Assistance Ministries
Good Hands Foundation- Irvine
Korean Community Service Center
Irvine Valley College
Melinda Hoag Smith Center for Healthy Living
Miraloma Park Family Resource Center (walk-in)
San Francisco Solano Catholic Church
Santa Ana College
Santiago de Compostela
West Anaheim Youth Center
Appointment required for on-site assistance. Free tax sites cannot prepare returns with all types of income or expenses. Please verify with the appointment representative or site greeter that your return can be prepared. An appointment is not a guarantee of service.
You can also download the information above.